Dorm Decorations Ambrosians Can Be Falling For

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

With fall officially here, that means it’s time to set the mood around your own personal space.  Whether you’re wanting to decorate your dorm or apartment for Halloween or just add autumn-esque colors and textures, check out these DIYs to make your room a warm, cozy place to come home to.

1. Autumn Leaf Mason Jars

With Mason Jars being such a staple in many DIYs, they can be used in stylish ways due to their simple nature. Taking mod-podge to the inside of the jar and applying leaves on it while wet can create a candle holder, pen/pencil holder, or even a kitchen utensil holder.The possibilities are endless!

2. DIY Leaf Bowl

With this DIY, leaves don’t only have to be on a tree to look pretty. This bowl can add a unique and crafty touch to anywhere in your dorm/apartment, holding light things like candy, mail, keys, etc.

3. Pumpkin Word Art

Pumpkin spice, pumpkin lattes, pumpkin pie, ’tis the season for everything pumpkin! Although these pumpkins are not for consumption, they will stand out and put a smile on your face every time you walk past them. Just grab some paint and stick-on letters and you’re ready to create this DIY!

4. Glitter Acorns

Who would’ve guessed acorns could be repurposed in this way? With this DIY, make acorns look glamourous with glue and glitter! Add the acorns to a glass vase to really make them look chic and cute.

5. Book Pumpkin

Instead of tossing out an old book, make it into a fun centerpiece or conversation starter! Opening up the book halfway and cutting it into a pumpkin shape on each side, you can then take orange paint to the edges of the pages to create the pop of color. Next, take a felt piece of fabric and a fallen tree branch to make the leaf tendril and stem to piece it all together.

6. Candy Corn Figurines

Whether you’re a fan or not, you have to admit that candy corn can be cute as a decoration. All you need is glue, cone-shaped foam pieces, and yellow, white, and orange yarn to do this DIY.

7. Pop-out Pumpkins

With this DIY, taking the decorating process of pumpkins to the next level doesn’t have to be spooky! You can buy Dollar Store pumpkins to cut in half and paint/decorate however you would like. With a little bit of an imagination and a steady hand, your door can be the envy of the floor!

8. Pine Cone Flower Arrangement

From top to bottom, this flower arrangement tells a story of color, texture, and style. For a table focal point, it can be something you easily bring back year after year. Faux flowers, a vase, and pine cones are all you need to create it. If you desire, wrap twine string under the lip of the vase several times and bring it together in a bow for an extra pop of texture.

9. Painted Wine Glasses

Instead of recycling old wine glasses, turn them into Halloween creatures, pumpkins or candy corn centerpieces! All you need are paints and brushes to get the creativity flowing.

10. “BOO” Sign

With a bit of rustic charm, these letters can transform any boring door or wall space.To take it a step further, you could also spell out different words/saying like “FALL,” “RIP,” “SAU,” etc. Whatever your heart desires!

Any of these easy DIYs will liven up your home during this beautiful, fall season. From Halloween to simple, autumn decorations, there are plenty of do-it-yourself projects college students can try. Let us know if you DIY your own decorations by tagging us and using the hashtag #HCSAU! We’d love to see your own creations! Happy October, bees!

*Image Credits: Hyperlinked Headings*