Dance for a Cure!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

This Saturday, St. Ambrose will be hosting their second Dance Marathon! This event has brought in over 650 dancers and thousands of dollars so far. Last year, St. Ambrose University raised over $47,000 and this year our goal is $60,000! From the hundreds of dancers racking up in high donations and the amount of support we have received as a University, the overall amount that will be raised will blow everyone out of the park!

Dance Marathon is one of the greatest things St. Ambrose University has done to help out the community. The proceeds will be going towards the Children’s Miracle Network and Iowa Children’s Hospital! Each participant or “dancer” is separated into Moral teams and have a child we represent. I am part of a huge team helping supporting a young boy named Will. Will is two years old and he is diagnosed with a left heart syndrome. Will’s positive and playful attitude keeps his going strong! He loves to play with his tractors, playing with his dog Otto, and anything Iowa Hawkeyes! I know my team is beyond excited to finally meet this cutie!

Dance Marathon is a great way to get involved on campus. It allows the whole university to get involved and able to donate their time and efforts towards one of the greatest causes. Dance Marathon will be representing fourteen children fighting for their health, and dancing for three who have passed away. This is a great event to bring people of all ages together, and allow everyone to dance, sing, share eachother’s stories, and build memories that will last a lifetime! Come on down to Rogalski Ballroom on Saturday, April 5th at 1 pm to have an unforgettable experience! 

Hi readers! My name is Mary Blesz! I am a sophomore at St. Ambrose University in Davenport, Iowa. I am double majoring in Marketing and Management, with minors in Public Relations and Organizational Leadership! I am involved with Residence Life on campus, and also cannot wait to help with St. Ambrose's Dance Marathon! Helping out the kids is such a fulfilling thing I have done in the past and can't wait to see where this goes! FTK (For the Kids!)When I am not busy with the mountian full of homework I always have, I will normally be seen with all my friends! My friends are great group of people that I have met here at Ambrose! College has opened my eyes to so many new people! It is kind of interesting to me to meet people from all over; like Chicago (lots of my friends are from the area) and even people who loved in the same hometown!!!I have a huge "passion for fashion." I love to see what is most popular, and incorporate the latest trends within my own style. My style has a mixture of what my mood of the day is! One day I can pull out the high-waisted shorts and the crop top and flaunt my ombre hair, and then another day, wear the classic peplum top, with my hair pulled into a fashionable bun! I love reading about the latest trends and expressing it through my own personal style! I hope you enjoy what I can share with you through my own experiences and stories! Enjoy!!!!
Her Campus at SAU