Campus Celeb: Erin Schillinger

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Major: Radio/TV & Multimedia Journalism

Year: Senior! (graduating in December)

Hometown: Moline, Illinois

Relationship: I’ve been dating my boyfriend Mitch Erickson for almost two years. My best friend Julie starting dating his identical twin and then we became friends and started dating! 

Hobbies: I go to the gym to lift about 5-6 times a week. I also enjoy cooking and making up different recipes. I recently started running and really like listening to music and working up a sweat. Every summer I look forward to going to Clearwater, Florida to visit one of my best friends. If I lived near the ocean I would never ever leave it. 

Dream Job: I’m currently getting my Real Estate Broker’s license and can’t wait to help clients list and find homes. Another random thing I would LOVE to do is own Caddy’s On The Beach. It’s my absolute favorite restaurant in Treasure Island, Florida. It’s a beach shack that sits right on the ocean and has rooftop seating overlooking the Gulf. 

Guilty Pleasure: Going out to eat, I’m terrible! I spend so much money eating out and trying new places even though I’m a really good cook. Oh, and I take a lot of naps. 

Plans after graduation: I’ll probably stick around the Quad Cities for a few years and continue to sell real estate. Eventually I’d love to move down to the St. Petersburg/Clearwater area. I think I would enjoy buying and flipping houses and owning rental properties, and of course as soon as Caddy’s is for sale, buying that as well! ;)

What do you like to do on the weekends: Lately I’ve found myself staying in and going out less. I like to get up early and either go to the gym or hot yoga. I’ve been walking my dogs a lot and in the summer I go to the Davenport Farmer’s Market. Usually I’ll go to Starbucks to work on homework and study for my real estate exam. When it’s warm enough outside I like grilling out with my friends and family. 

What’s important to you/ your values: I think it’s important to stay true to yourself. Value what’s unique about you and strive to be the best, happiest, and healthiest version of YOU. 

Favorite color: Blue. Light blue, navy blue, sky blue, any blue. 

Favorite shows: I’m currently obsessed with 13 Reasons Why on Netflix. I also love Vanderpump Rules, Property Brothers, and the Bachelor/Bachelorette. 

Favorite food or place to eat: I have so many favorites because the QC has a lot of really good restaurants. Cafe Fresh is amazing. I also like Old Chicago, Pickerman’s, Arthur’s Garden Deli and Johnny’s Italian Steakhouse if I’m feeling fancy. 

Fashion: Unless I have a reason to dress up, I dress very comfortably. I wear a lot of athleisure such as leggings and different oversized shirts. (sadly this will be changing as soon as I get my Broker’s license)

Goals for 2017: Spend more time with family, travel as much as possible, and most importantly- learn to put away my phone and soak up the moment. 

3 words to describe myself: Sociable, compassionate, and I’d like to think I’m funny.

Her Campus at SAU