This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Meet this week’s Campus Celebrity is the one…the only…Bridget King!

As this senior Bee looks back on her four years at SAU, her favorite memories are those made when she studied abroad during her junior year. Bridget spent a semester living in Ecuador, taking classes and living with a host family. She was one of three Ambrose students on the trip and was in the program with 25 other students. During the week they would take classes at a school for international students and on the weekends they would travel all over Ecuador. Her favorite weekend trips, however, were visiting Machu Picchu in Peru and the Galapagos Islands!

In addition to her travel experiences, she will never, ever forget the friends she made during her time in South America.

“I made some great friends there,” she said. “I still keep in touch with them! I have friend from South Korea, and I really miss her.”

Her other favorite part about Ecuador was the culture there and their emphasis on family life.

“Families there are really close. And they treated us like family too! My host grandma was so cute…She would give me huge hugs, but she couldn’t speak any English so that was hard sometimes. I could understand when I was listening but I had a hard time speaking right sometimes.”

Back here in North America, Bridget is an aspiring elementary school teacher who is currently observing in a fifth grade social studies class. She is extremely excited to do a presentation on her visit to Machu Picchu.

Bridget is also an avid Packers fan and if you are friends with her on Snapchat, you will be blessed with her daily snaps of clips from The Office. Her dream job is to work for Dunder Mifflin, because, duh. But since Dunder Mifflin is unfortunately a fictional company, she can’t wait to start teaching. She hopes to work with either first, second, or third graders and has a reading endorsement.

Three additional fun facts about Bridget King? She wishes she was a dancer, she’s going sky diving next summer, and she lives for the ultimate Queen Bey.  

Her Campus at SAU