This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

We’ve all been there. You were up all night “studying” and got to bed a little later than you’d hoped. You hear your alarm go off in the morning, so you instinctively press your snooze button. Before you know it, you’re five snoozes deep, and you have 15 minutes to make it to class. Instead of running out the door before even looking in the mirror, try one of these five-minute hair styles. Not only are they easy, but you can rock them with sweats and a stained t-shirt too!

The Tuck and Cover

Grab an old, elastic headband and wrap it around your head in that hippie style that’s somehow back in style again. Grab two-inch-sections of hair and wrap each section inside of the headband (as seen in picture). Repeat until all hair is lightly pulled back, but leave a few pieces out in front of your ears to frame your face.

The Upside Down Braid

This has been my personal favorite for years, and it’s not as hard as it looks! Just simply bend over so that your head is upside down, and start a frech braid (you’ll be starting at the bottom of your head and braiding towards the top). Upon reaching the top of your head, finish with a ponytail or funbun. My directions for this one are pretty vague, so watch this video for a more detailed explanation!

The Loop Ponytail

Tie your hair with an elastic hairband. Using your fingers, make a space in the middle (like shown in image 3). Insert the hair into the space between the head and the elastic band. Pull the tail downwards to tighten the loop. Use bobby-pins to secure.

Photos courtesy of Pinterest.

I'm Amanda, a junior PR major at St. Ambrose. I enjoy long walks on the beach and queso.
Her Campus at SAU