This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Whether you’re ballin’ on a budget or you’re ready to splurge, there are some lipstick colors you have to add to your collection for the fall. 

1. Androgyny: Jeffree Star Cosmetics – $18 

This dusty rose color is subtle enough to rock everyday, but still spicy enough for a night out. A neutral, dark shade can be hard to find, and the liquid to matte formula can’t be beat. Try pairing it with a smoky eye and you won’t be disappointed. Buy this shade and check out other colors here: Jeffree Star Cosmetics.

2. Lolita II: Kat Von D Beauty – $20 

A rusty, red colored lip will go perfect with any outfit this fall. Lolita II is another liquid to matte lipstick that stays on for hours, which is perfect for all the pumpkin flavored things you’ll most likely be gorging. Trust me when I say that you’ll get compliments on this shade. Visit our nearest Sephora store (hey, North Park), or order it here

3. Back Up: ColourPop – $5 

This color is more of a statement shade, but in the best way possible. This purple is the perfect pop to any look and can be dressed up or down. The Matte X formula is unique to ColourPop, and will change your life. Cop this hot color here, and for $5 there’s plenty of other shades you’ll probably love, too! 

4. Dolce: Stila – $24

Cinnamon, nude, brown sugar – A.K.A heaven. This is a shade that everyone needs to have for fall. The lip product is a little pricy, but so worth it. Get it in Sephora stores, or here.  

5. Dark Wine: Wet n Wild – $1

This shade is perfect for those looking for a sassy dark look while on a budget. You can’t beat an awesome lipstick that costs less than it does to do a load of laundry. This shade can be a little intimidating, but will compliment most – if not all – skintones. What does that mean? Anyone, espeically you, will slay in this lip color. Get it at Wal-Mart, Target, or here

Whether you’re in the mood for a neutral pink or a deep purple, fall is the perfect excuse to buy some new lipstick. Treat yo’self ladies, because you don’t want to miss out on these beauties. 

Photo Credits: Jeffree Star, Kat Von D, Colorpop, Stilla, Wet n Wild, and Emily Friesen 

Her Campus at SAU