This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Bees, meet Abbey Nimrick! You can find her in Galvin editing for Dateline, walking around campus with a camera, or at the sporting events capturing every moment for SAU TV. This is one busy bee with three majors and a part-time job, but you will never see Abbey stressing out over the little things. 

1. Name: Abbey Nimrick

2. Year: Freshman

3. Majors: Strategic Communication, Radio & TV Production, Multimedia Journalism

4. Home Town: Johnsburg, Illinois

5. Relationship Status: In a relationship with the love of my life, Jackson Andrew Pocklington

6. Advice for people in a long distance relationship? Being in a long distance relationship is not easy, especially going from seeing each other every single day at school to only seeing each other one weekend a month. It’s hard, but we make it work. Everyone asked us if we would stay together when we left for college and the thought of breaking up never even crossed my mind. Of course, we would stay together! We have phone dates almost every night. And my boyfriend gave me this journal that I write in about everything that I did. Sometimes we are too busy to talk, and I forget things quickly. I write everything down in my journal and when we see each other he reads all the pages and he absolutely loves it! Being apart is hard but being together makes the distance all worth while!

7. What do you love most about your job? I work for Mediacom and film different sporting events and I absolutely love it! Getting away from school and being able to watch different sports is amazing.

8. Summer plans? This summer I’m staying here at SAU and working in SAUtv. I will also be riding in RAGBRAI for my 7th year in a row!

9. Campus involvement? I practically live on TV, other than that I’m involved with Dance Marathon and The Buzz.

10. Favorite SAU memory so far? My favorite memory at SAU would have to be hanging out with all my Comm friends!
11. Who is your role model? My role model is my older sister Taylor, she is amazing in every way. She has taught me that you can do anything that you set your mind and heart to. I’m so proud of her and all of her accomplishments.

12. If you could be anyone who would it be? If I could be anyone I would be a superhero!

13. Why did you choose SAU? I chose St. Ambrose not only for the wonderful Communication department but also because it’s close to all my grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. I’m all about family!

14. What is your dream job and what city would it be in? Dream job… not sure yet! Perhaps anchoring in New York

15. What is your favorite song? It changes constantly, but it’s been Die a Happy Man for quite a while now! It melts my heart!

16.  What is your favorite food? Noodles, all shapes, and sizes

17. What is your favorite movie? Annie, the old one!

18. What is your favorite place to eat here in the QC? Whitey’s, it’s not necessarily food but I would eat that ice cream for breakfast, lunch and dinner if I could!

Now that you have a sneak peak into Abbey’s life you have come to realize what an amazing person she is. Yes, I may be a little biased seeing as she is one of my best friends, but truly is a hard working and amazing girl. 

Hi, my name is MacKenzie, but all my friends call me Mac. I am a sophomore here at SAU where I play softball, President of BeeMedia, Events Editor for HerCampus SAU, a pro-Netflix watcher, and slowly trying to become Oliva Pope.  
Her Campus at SAU