This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Summer! The best time of the year, at least it will be once it finally gets here. Once we finally start summer we also start the season of big bags full of our must haves that we can’t go out days without. I have about 100 things that I can not go one day without during the summer, so here are 7! 

1. Sunscreen

Suncreen is a MUST! At least for those of us who are blessed with skin that has the ability to burn. Sunscreen is also good to put on your face no matter if you burn or not, to help prevent sun spots and early aging because as much as we wish there was, there is no fountain of youth for us to drink from.

2. Sunglasses

While not only does our skin need protected from those harsh rays, but so does our eyes. Sunglasses don’t only help with harsh rays but they also help cover up our eyes for those days at the lake and the mascara decided to take a run.

3. DeodorantWe all sweat no matter what. The sun will start to beat down, or that cute boy will make a move. No matter what it is that may set your sweat on the rolls then you always need to have a trusted deodorant to help with the stink that can and will ruin any summer day. 

4. Hair ties 

These become my summer accessory. I always have one or two on my wrist. When the sun starts beating down or that wind starts blowing just right then your hair can go from fab to drab. A pony tail or a cute loose braid is the way to spend your summer, get it up and be able to enjoy your days.

5. Lotion

With summer comes shorts, and with shorts comes showing off those amazing legs that are dying for some rays. Well just like us hiding all winter so has your legs. They can get dry, and let me say ashy legs don’t look good on anybody. A quick dab of lotion and your ash is long behind you and your legs are soaking up some well deserved sunshine!

6. Gum 

This is always a lifesaver, bad breath is never a good thing. Summer is the time for romance and with romance then there may be the first kisses, which can be ruined by some bad breath. Pop a quick piece of gum and get along with the summer romance or just a regular day with good breath!

7. Chapstick

This is not only a great thing to save your lips from the burnt dryness or just a very windy day. If you take an empty tube you can also store money in the tube and not have to worry about misplacing your money.

Photos: Picture 1Picture 2Picture 3Picture 4Picture 5Picture 6Picture 7

bensonhannah@sau.edu
Her Campus at SAU