5 Reasons to Buy Frozen

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

We know it’s the first day of spring, and it’s finally starting to feel like it on campus, but we’re suggesting, just for a second, to go back to winter. The sole reason we suggest this is because the Disney movie sensation of the year, Frozen, came out on DVD on Tuesday, March 18. Now, you don’t have to be a Disney fanatic to fall in love with this movie, and this list will tell you why.

1.       It won 36 awards. Among these are two Academy Awards for Best Animated Feature Film and Best Original Song for “Let it Go.” It also won a Golden Globe for Best Animated Feature Film.

2.       The music has hit the charts. The soundtrack is number one this week on the Billboard 200 list of hottest albums for the sixth week and chances are, you have heard “Let it Go” on the radio at least once already. Although it may easily get stuck in your head after listening to it a few times, we still love it.

3.       It defies a typical Disney princess movie because the main characters prove that sisters are more important than finding Prince Charming. The movie finally questions why one of the sisters wants to marry a guy she just met that day.

4.       Olaf. Because who doesn’t love a happy snowman who is looking forward to summer more than any student? And when was the last time you saw a talking snowman who puts everyone in a good mood. A smile finds its way to everyone’s face as soon as he breaks out in song.

5.       It’s Frozen. We’re serious; if you haven’t seen it, you’re missing out. This movie has the perfect mix of humor, romance, adventure and music that everyone will love (including your boyfriend).

Whether you love winter, or are ready to break out the shorts and tank tops, we suggest that everyone go out and buy this movie, or at least rent it from the Library. You are in for a treat and won’t regret it.

Her Campus at SAU