5 Group Halloween Costumes We’re Loving

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Halloween is a time for haunted houses, candy and pumpkins. But let’s not forget the most important part about Halloween: the costumes. As a college student, is it essential to pick out the right Halloween costume, especially when you plan on going out. For extra fun, get a group of girls together and do a group costume! It will bring the wow factor to every event you go to! Here are a few of my favorite options for group Halloween costumes this year.

1. Social Media Group

This Group Halloween costume is a must to try. It is simple and easy, making everyone in your group a little bit different. Everyone in the group can  pick out their favorite social media site and get creative. You can do Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube or any other social media favorite. Using different color t-shirt dresses, logos, and long socks will pull this look all together.

2. Snap Chat Filter Costumes

A great and new costume idea for this Halloween season are the famous snapchat filters. Sounds hard you say? Not at all. Most of the filters are obviously around your face, so any filter you choose requires face makeup and hair pieces and that’s it! Each person who is a part of your group can be a different filter, and people will be snapping you guys all night!

3. Loofas

This Halloween costume may be a bit more tedious, but could be a fun project to relieve the stress of midterms with your friends. Loofas are a brilliant costume idea, and this way each and every one of your friends can be their favorite color. All you’ll need is the some tulle material, stretchy material to match and a white rope to go around the neck. 

4. The Suicide Squad

A great way to make a group costume is to take characters from different movies and recreate them. You can honestly choose any movie out there, and you and your friends can be those different characters. A great movie choice would be the Suicide Squad. The Suicide Squad is a recent movie, so most people will realize who you are if you attend a party. You and your group of friends will be the most badass group at the party if you decide on this costume.

5. Rock, Paper, Scissors

This Halloween Costume, is a twist on the famous game rock, paper and scissors. Obviously this one requires only three people for the costume, but more can be added if you want. This is more of a funny option for a Halloween costume instead of a cute or sexy costume. If you are running late to a party and need a last minute option this costume is your go-to. All that’s needed is a few poster boards, a gray sweater and a bit of creativity. Within minutes, you’ll be able to create a costume that’s totally Instagram worthy.

This Halloween season, get your friends together and get creative. It’s time your squad wins the next costume contest!

Image Credits: Loofah, Rock,Paper,Scissors, Suicide Squad, Social Media, Snapchat

Her Campus at SAU