person taking photo of pants and shoes
person taking photo of pants and shoes
SHTTEFAN/Unsplash

Your Ultimate Guide to SFSU Instagrams

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Francisco chapter.

As we trudge through the middle of the semester, life on campus can feel boring. Luckily, there are cool, fun things happening on campus all the time if you know where to look. Here is a compiled list of the best SF State Instagram accounts to stay updated on all of the awesome events happening on campus!

SF State Cares @sfstatecares

SF State Cares is the mental health campaign that puts on events like Therapy Dog Tuesday and Health Center Open House where you can get free massages. Their Instagram account posts about their events as well as really inspiring #motivationalmonday posts. Mental wellness and self-care are as important to health as diet and exercise, so definitely take advantage of the helpful events they put on. 

The Depot @thedepotsf 

The Depot is our very own student-run concert venue on campus. Their Instagram is the place to go to find out lineups and get updated on the shows happening. If indie rock isn’t your style, they also host comedy nights and DJs from time to time.

SFSU ASI Programs & Services @sfsuasps

Run by Associated Students Inc., which is our student government. The most comprehensive account to get updates on cool events being held on campus. They host everything from pre-screenings of movies to those carnivals in the quad. They also frequently give out free swag or food. Definitely follow this account!

Student Life SFSU @lifeatsfstate

Run by the office o the Dean of Students. Mostly just artsy pictures of campus or San Francisco, but they also post about events happening on campus hosted by student life. It’s not the best instagram on this list, but sometimes they post about events the other ones don’t mention on thier accounts. 

SFSU Gator Group @sfsugatorgroup

If you’re into the foodie scene, this is the instagram for you. SFSU Gator Group is in charge of the food trucks near Hensill Hall. Their Instagram posts drool-worthy photos of food with updated schedules of which/when food trucks will be on campus. They also post about the occasional sale at the stores inside Cesar Chavez like Healthy U.  

Sustainable SF State @greensfsu

The best source to find out about SFSU’s efforts to go green. They post friendly tips about how to be more environmentally friendly as well as events on campus like their B.Y.O.C. (bring your own cup) coffee popup. 

Rachel is a second-year history major at San Francisco State University. She's a pop culture junkie who's optometrist tells her she spends too much time reading and looking at a screen. Her special talents include singing the wrong words during karoke and dancing like Chandler Bing.