It’s Graduation Time Again! What It (Really) Feels Like To Be (Almost) Graduating

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Francisco chapter.

Ah…Graduation. The moment we are all waiting for (me, you, and our bank accounts)! It is synonym of freedom, the start of a great career, no more homework, no more exams…the dream.

…or is it?

Well…could be! If it arrived a little faster. Because the wait is terrible. Graduation is something we are indeed waiting for, but not because we can’t wait to be flooded with student loans to pay off or to start enjoying unemployed life, but because it is literally torture when it’s right around the corner, but not quite here yet. Here are different thoughts that go through my mind, and probably yours, as a senior student:

1- One bad grade means the end of everything

You’re just about to apply for graduation, you only have a few classes left, you’re in good standing, your GPA is perfect…and you get a D. Now you’re thinking you’re going to failing this ONE class that will make you fail this entire semester which will cause you to not graduate and end up ruining your life. Or I’m dramatizing. But the added stress of keeping everything good til the end sure makes receiving a bad grade feel like:

2- Every company seems to be closed or just not hiring “at the moment”

Unemployment, here I come…of course not! There is always something right for you. But knowing that you’ll be out of school very soon makes you feel so scared to not find a job right away that you can’t even think straight. Relax, girl! All it takes is a bit of luck and lots of perseverance.

3- You’d probably trade places with a freshman

They seems so excited and positive about the future. The campus is all shiny and new, classes are not too bad, and there’s going to be house parties every night! A major? What for?

4- You feel like you have learned nothing

Seriously, I don’t remember any of last semester’s content.

4- You’re probably not going to miss anyone

Certainly not the chicks who did nothing for the ENTIRE group project.

5- No homework, no exams…still the dream!

It might get very annoying to wait for graduation to slowly come end your suffering, but it’s completely worth it. Hang on, collegiettes! We’re almost there!