This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Francisco chapter.
Let me make something very clear: I’ve eaten at a lot of different restaurants while in Paris. Enjoying the food of any culture is apart of the overall experience. Food can tell you what’s important to a culture. In America, we like food that’s quick and easy. Why? Because our lives are incredibly fast-paced. Our priority is to check as many things off our to do list as possible. In Paris, food is art. This is evident when passing by an artisan bakery window or sampling different baguettes.  There is one restaurant, though, that has paled in comparison to any restaurant I’ve ever been in: the 58 Studio Restaurant.

This restaurant is located on the second floor in Paris. It has a reputation for being posh, delicious and an unforgettable dining experience. I had the pleasure of dining in this restaurant on the eve of my birthday, thanks to my boyfriend, who reserved us two window seats and a premier  menu. Let me say, this restaurant thoroughly lives up to their high reputations and for a number of reasons.

1) Location
It’s enough to just be in the same city as the Eiffel Tower. I felt lucky just to be able to sit next to it and watch the lights go off every hour. I was absolutely stunned when presented with two tickets to dine on the second floor of this global famous monument with a the Trocadero. Sitting by the window was an experience within itself.  It was at night so everything was beautifully lit up and I was still able to see parts of the tower  light up every hour. It was dazzling.

2) The staff
The workers were some of the friendliest and upbeat I’ve ever seen in the food industry. They smiled like you were the only one in the restauraunt. While they naturally got held up with other customers, my waiter always made sure to check on us, offer us wine, or asked how we liked the food. My waiter also brought out my desert with a candle in it for my birthday! It made me feel like more than just a regular customer.

3) The restaurant decor
It was everything it was supposed to be. The restaurant was elegant, chic and  well-lit. While the tables felt a little close together, it made for fun entertainment when I could hear the different conversations being held in different languages.  The seats were comfy, the tables properly equiped and clean. I can’t tell you hwo many places I’ve been to where they wipe down the table as you’re about to sit down or leave to fetch another glass because there’s only one on the table. This is a small detail, but this made the restaurant seem well-prepared, which I always appreciate.

4) The food
 Ah, the food. Every dish was better than the next. I was always a little upset when I took the last bite  of anything on my plate. I savored every mouthful. This may seem like a little too much, even pigish, but between the perfect pumpkin marmalade, mouth watering Guanaja chocolate mousse with caramelized banana and peanut cream sauce, glasses of red and white wine, champange, and much more, this was truly the best meal I have had or will ever have. It would be too difficult to rate each dish separately, but I’ve attached the menus and photos of each. My review for each plate is the same: perfection!

If any of you are wondering, this once in a lifetime meal did comes with a price. It costs $450 USD. Many of you are probably writing that off your to do list from that information alone, but I beg you not to. Should you ever visit Paris, this is a must and you won’t regret it. There are other, cheaper options. For example, they have dfferent types of of menu options, the cheapest being 60 euros per person. If you want to go even cheaper, there are brunch options, which are smaller and cheaper, but will have the same quality of food. I would glady spend this type of money on another meal here. This restaurant gets high marks from me!

Christa Balingit

San Francisco

My name is Christa Balingit. I'm a senior at San Francisco State University. I'm majoring in International Business but have always had a passion for journalism. Right now I'm studying abroad in Paris, France.. Check out my blog to learn about my adventures and discoveries about the fashion capital of the world!