Kevin Mendizabal-Dubon

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Francisco chapter.

Major: Political Science
Age: 20
Hometown: Pasadena
On-Campus Activities: Phi Kappa Tau Fraternity, Capoeira (Brazilian martial arts/dancing), and Student Center Governing Board
Relationship Status: Single

Who was your first crush?
Her name was Jackie Sanchez and we were in kindergarten together. She was just so cute.

Any piercings or tattoos we should know about?

Nope. None at all.

What’s the first thing you notice about a girl?
Her butt. Just kidding!!!! Her eyes.

What’s a deal-breaker on a first date?
1) If she doesn’t have manners, it’s done.

2) If she takes my food from my plate! That’s not okay.

3) I’m a very spontaneous person, and if she doesn’t go along with my spontaneity, it’s not going to work out.

Where’s the best place to find you on campus?
The library. Whenever I’m not at work or in class, I go [there] because I can get work done better than I can at home. Or you can find me skating around campus.

If you had to sing karaoke in front of 50,000 people, what song would you sing?
‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ by Queen. Everyone knows it and it’s fun. Nobody can complain when it’s playing. And it’s just so happy!

What would you choose to eat if you knew it was your last meal?
I would have to find the perfect combination of my two favorite foods, sushi and pizza, and put them together in some sort of burrito-form.

If you can have any job, regardless of prerequisites, what would you be?
By day: politician/actor. By night: secret spy.

If you could only wear one color t-shirt for the rest of your life, what color would you choose?
Navy blue, because it has character. And I heard navy blue is the new black.

What is your man-opinion on the “50 Shades” trilogy?
Not for me. WAY too descriptive.

Lightning Round

Favorite season, and why?: Winter because it’s snuggle season.
Boxers or briefs?: Boxer-briefs. Not too “free”, not too restricting.
Sweet or spicy?: Spicy. I love anything with chili!
So Cal or Nor Cal?: So Cal, because of the weather and the beaches. Nor Cal because of the environment and the people.

Hello! My name is Shannon O'Brien. I am a graduating senior at San Francisco State University, earning my degree in Communication Studies. I am a member of Alpha Gamma Delta.
Jessica Schimm

San Francisco

Jessica is journalism major finishing her senior year at San Francisco State University. She founded and lead San Francisco State’s Her Campus branch as Editor-in-Chief for two semesters and now helps run it as managing editor due to other internships responsibilities.  Her passion for magazine and online journalism has led her current online internships at 7x7 and California Home & Design magazines in San Francisco. She also was the social media editor for her award-winning college paper last semester.When Jessica is not working hard in school she spends her time working on her blog, Women Who Run San Francisco and cheering on the San Francisco Giants (world series champs!!). Having been a competitive Irish dancer for 15 years, she knows that it takes practice, hard work and determination to meet her goals. It is through these qualities that she plans to become editor-in-chief at a leading women’s magazine.