Just Another (Surprisingly) Sunny Day in San Francisco

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Francisco chapter.

We all know San Francisco’s weather is notorious for being chilly, foggy, and well, somewhat unpleasant. Mark Twain said it best with his famous quote, “The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco.” Seeing the sun in San Francisco is rare since the fog from the ocean creeps over, and makes it way into the city by the Bay.  However, during spring and summer the sun breaks through the clouds and fog, and into our hearts. And if you’re lucky to be on campus during a beautiful sunny day, it is pleasant beyond belief. There’s nothing like chilling in the quad with your friends playing music, or holding hands with your S.O. But, if you’re like me, there’s nothing like an ice tea, munching on an Ike’s sandwhich (thanks to our Ike’s sandwhich spot on campus) with your body sprawled out on the crisp green lawn just day dreaming about sweet nothing. Now, what can beat that? Nothing. So soak in the sun and all of its glory before it disappears as quickly as it came. Oh San Francisco, how you do us so well…sometimes.