How to Have Princess Kate’s Impeccable Spring Style

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Francisco chapter.

Now that the warm weather has seemed to finally reach San Francisco, us collegiettes can start dusting off our skirts, dresses and blouses from the closet and soak up some sun. Princess Kate has been doing the same think, taking a break from rainy London and travelling to India for a royal tour and community work. The princess has always had impeccable style, but lately I’ve seriously been envious of her beautiful dresses and light and flowy clothing that she has been wearing on her trip to India. So here are some tactics to try and adapt her regal yet stylish and classy look for hot days and warm nights.

The perfect Spring/Summer Maxi Dress: Princess Kate chose a poppy colored maxi dress and flats for her wlaking tour through New Delhi, and boy does she still manage to “wow” without her usualy choice of heels. Sometimes maxi dresses can be hard to wear, especially for more petite girls since you can drown in all the fabric. However, if you can find a dress with an eye poping pattern or print, the fabric won’t swallo who whole and will balance out your figure. Also adding a loose braided belt around the waist can help accentuage your figure. Here is a similar dress to Kate, just with shorter sleeves. 

The fun Summer Party Dress: For one of her outings on her India tour, Kate chose a beautifully intricate jade lace dress with matching earrings and looked stunning. Nearing the summer months, a lot of parties seem to happen, graduation celebrations, birthdays, weddings and festivals. To stay classy yet elegant like Kate, you can easily find a similar lace dress that can be worn into the fall and winter months with tights or boots, or simply with a casual style blazer for nights out, or for when you have work. Having a nice party or cocktail dress is a key item to have in any girls’ closet, and after you drool over Kate’s lovely jade dress, you will definitely want something similar. Try wearing nude heels or wedges with lace, and if you want to dress it down you can throw on a jean jacket and sandals!

The light and effortless skirt and blouse: For Kate’s visit to Bhutan she chose to wear a flowy deep violet skity and cream colored blouse, belted with a leather belt. You can still look elegant while shooting arrows like Kate here, or if your going to spend a day in that park or out with friends in Napa for a wine tasting, that’s okay too. I love the long skity and blouse look, because it is easy to throw on and yet still so cute and can keep you a little bit warmer than a mini skirt could on San Franciscan Summer day. I always love to belt my skirt just like Kate did, because it balances out the length of the skity and can be an easy way to accessorize. 

Maxi dress from Freepeople, lace dress from Nordstroms, blouse from Madewell and skirt from Missioni.

I'm a Sophomore at San Francisco State University majoring in Journalism. I went to San Marin High in Marin County, Novato, and was attracted to Journalism there too. I wrote for the school newspaper, 'The Pony Express' for two years and also enjoy reading, and shopping.
Jessica Romero

San Francisco

Hey Ladies! My Name is Jessica Romero (: I love the beach, the outdoors, sunsets and clothes! ♥ My intended major is ADM and minor in Journalism. Follow your dreams and empower others to pursue theirs!