Campus Celebrity: Celine Serrano!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Francisco chapter.

This week’s campus celebrity is none other Celine Serrano! She’s kind, talented and busy on and off campus so get a glimpse of her here on her!

Full name: Celine Kirsten Serrano

Age: 22

Year: 4th year

Major: Recreational, Parks and Tourism

Hometown: Ventura, CA (South of Santa Barbara , north of Los Angeles)

Tell us something not a lot of people know about you:

People I’ve met here in SF don’t know this but I used to be super shy and quiet. It’s funny now because once I came to college I’ve really broken out of my shell so I tell friends this and they look at me funny and laugh. They can’t believe it, but ask anyone from back home they would instantly describe me as that shy girl.

What do you do aside from school? (e.g. Work? Hobbies?)

I have 3 jobs outside school. I work for the student life marketing team on campus as a photographer, I teach orchestra in a program I created and I teach violin on the weekends. As far as hobbies other than violin and photography I occasionally like to play video games, when I have the time which is not a lot.

What do you hope to accomplish in your field of work?

As a Parks, Recreation major I hope to create more music programs and make them available for anyone. Music can be expensive to learn and I want to be able to make it accessible for everyone.

What is a typical day at work for you?

Depending on the day, but everyday is different which is what I love. I’m teaching, taking photographs at events, occasionally performing. On my teaching days my kids drive me crazy some days and some days it’s really rewarding. Especially when I see them perform and have a good time. On my photography days I love seeing the results, seeing my stuff posted and others enjoying it as well.

How do you stay organized with work and school?

It’s really hard. I’m still trying to get a system down. But right now I’m taking one day at a time, I prioritize what is coming up next for me. So if a deadline is coming up before a project I’ll make sure to do that first. But I’m not perfect and I have my days. But I always keep trying again and again.

What is your dream job or where do you see yourself 5 years from now?

I want to be many things for my “dream job” I can’t pick just one, a photographer, musician, programmer. I definitely don’t want to stick with one thing, I just think there are so many opportunities out there and I’ll take whatever comes my way.

If you happen to be at an on campus event, dont be surprised if you see Celine being the awesome photographer that she is! Don’t forget to follow @lifeatsfstate on Instagram and see some of her work as well

Nancy Delgado

San Francisco

My name is Nancy Delgado!I am a Recreation Parks and Tourims Administration Major at San Francisco State Univeristy and I am the next Leslie Knope