Campus Celeb: Nicole!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Francisco chapter.

Last, but most definitely not least, this week we interview our last member of Her Campus San Francisco. Her charisma brightens our meetings and her kindness is extremely contagious. Meet, kid at heart, Nicole Farray!

Name: Nicole

Age: 24

Year: Senior

Major: Marketing

Hometown: Belmont, CA

What do you love about San Francisco State?

I love the city of San Francisco, so attending college in one of my favorite cities is a treat and an amazing experience! What I love the most about SFSU is the diversity. I have met some amazing students and faculty, originating from all over the world.  

What are you a part of, on campus?

I am part of our amazing SFSU Her Campus chapter. It is so much fun to be a part of, and I am looking forward to continuing my relationship with the organization,

Any outside of school activities?

I work part-time – nothing too crazy. School is my pain priority, but i can’t go to school unless I pay for it; therefore, I work.  

How about hobbies?

I LOVE to cook and bake for my family and friends. It feels rewarding to make a recipe from scratch; especially when it turns out delish! Also, my boyfriend and I love the outdoors; we enjoy hiking and going to the beach.

How is it writing for Her Campus?

Writing for HC is empowering, and has been an amazing experience thus far. I think HC features are so relatable to most college students, and it allows us to keep our guard down; features like, “3 Ways to Distress After Midterms” & “How To Put An End To Body Shaming” are real life scenarios that people can relate to. It is reassuring to know other people are going through the same problems and situations in life. Being a part of a media channel like this is amazing – I love that I am teaching/helping people.

How do you stay organized with all your classes and all of your events?

The truth is…I am not organized. They say creative and intelligent people are disorganized. Yeah, try telling my mom that! She still doesn’t believe me…, but it is a thing! Look it up.

Who/What inspires you?

My sisters inspire me because they are ambitious and successful career- oriented women. I am also inspired by human kindness – something you just do not see too often anymore.

Do you have any advice for our collegiettes who want to participate in campus activities such as clubs?

If you have the means and the interest, do it! I think clubs are a great way for people to branch out, network, and participate in something they enjoy/are passionate about. Who knows who you will meet and how positively it may impact your life. Enjoy your college experience while you can – save the scary grown up stuff for after college.

What is something you are looking forward to after graduation?

Traveling. I promised my mom that after I graduated we would go to Germany and London.

And lastly, what is something people don’t know about you?

My family thinks I am a natural performer. I love to sing and dance – they are some hidden talents I am a little embarrassed about.

There you have it, the whole gang –thus far–  is now up in the Campus Celebrity section, check out our amazing writers. If you would like to be a part of this great organization, just shoot us an email!

Until next week, stay golden….(bridge)!

Jessica Romero

San Francisco

Hey Ladies! My Name is Jessica Romero (: I love the beach, the outdoors, sunsets and clothes! ♥ My intended major is ADM and minor in Journalism. Follow your dreams and empower others to pursue theirs!