Brontë Sorotsky – HC San Francisco’s Newest Writer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Francisco chapter.

This week, our chapter at San Francisco State University welcomed freshman student Brontë Sorotsky to our team. Be sure to check out her profile and be on the look out for future content from her! 

Brontë Sorotsky, Her Campus San Francisco’s newest writer. (Photo provided by Sorotsky).

What’s your name?

Brontë Sorotsky

What’s your major?

Right now I am a Journalism major, but I am switching to BECA (Broadcast and Electronic Communication Arts) in the fall.

Where are you from?

Pacific Palisades. It’s right in between Santa Monica and Malibu.

What year are you?

I am currently a freshman.

How did you find out about Her Campus?

I found it this summer after searching for blogs that talk about college life. I wanted to know as much as I could about college before freshman year started.

Why did you want to join Her Campus?

After almost a year in college, I feel that I have experienced so many things that I could have never imagined would happen, and I really want to talk about the issues that no one thinks of. I hope that I can help people that go though these things, because I didn’t have a guide when I was going through them.

What do you like about Her Campus so far?

I really like that people can be so free and honest about college. I think that the only way to be a guide is to address the real issues. In my first Her Campus meeting, everyone was so open and accepting and that is something that I really appreciate. I feel as it is a place where people can express themselves openly without judgement.

Where do you see yourself after you graduate from SFSU?

After I graduate, I will hopefully be living here in San Francisco! I don’t know where I would want to work, or where in the city I would want to live, but I know that I want to pursue some type of career involving journalism.

If you could change your college experience in any way, what would it be and why?

If I could have changed one thing, it would have been getting involved in extracurriculars sooner. I didn’t join them at first because I was too nervous. I didn’t have any friends that wanted to join the same club as me, so I just joined a lot later. I have made so many amazing memories with that club, and I would have even more if I had only started sooner.