This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Francisco chapter.

Thanks to Childish Gambino and a tweet he posted in early November, lately I’ve been listening to nothing but bLAck pARty’s debut project: Mango. This was the first time I had ever heard of the Arkansas singer but I decided to listen. Gambino hardly ever tweets about anything these days, so I knew this must be important. 

The mixtape is pretty short, coming in at the cusp of 30 minutes, and is most definitely sweet like a mango. All nine songs are bright and dreamy, making me feel like I’m on a vacation. It’s been really useful to listen to in order to endure pushing through finals and keep the end result of winter break in mind. The consistent theme of having somebody to share your vacation with (the first song is actually called “Summer Love”) brings back good memories of what once was, and the uplifting tone reminds me of what can still be. A truly feel-good mixture.

If you are in the need of some positivity or just searching for some new tunes to vibe with, I definitely recommend giving Mango a listen.You can find it on Apple Music, Tidal, and Spotify. I hope you enjoy and good luck with everything you have coming up at the end of this semester!

Valerie Duarte

San Francisco

An 18-year-old journalism student at SFSU. Los Angeles native. Very indecisive. Likes to have her cake and matcha lattes, too.