It’s getting close to that time, school is winding down and summer is around the corner! Whether you are working a summer job or taking summer school classes, you are likely to have a few free days where you can go out and enjoy the beautiful weather that the summer season brings. If you are planning to stay in Northern California for the summer, we have got some awesome summer hotspots for you to check out!
Baker Beach, located directly next to the Golden Gate Bridge, is a great secluded place to relax and work on that tan. Go for a run or enjoy the scenic views. Whatever you choose, you will be sure to enjoy your warm summer day at Baker Beach!
• How do I get there? Take the 29 inbound bus until the end of the line.
Just across the Golden Gate is a little town known as Sausalito. Grab some lunch at the Bridgeway Cafe and enjoy the skyline view of San Francisco across the bay while consuming some delicious food. Walk around, shop and grab some ice cream at Caffe Tutti while you are there too!
• How do I get there? From the SFSU campus, driving is the most efficient way to get there, however you can catch Golden Gate Transit at the Golden Gate Bridge station and take the 80 bus to Sausalito.
Nothing is better than a summertime baseball game! Enjoying a hot dog and soda, all while watching the Giants is the best way to spend a Friday night. Get out your orange and black and bring your friends to enjoy the beauty of AT&T Park.
• How do I get there? From the SFSU campus, take the M line to the Embarcadero, transfer to the T line and get off at 2nd and King right in front of AT&T park.
If you are willing to take a bit of a drive up the coast, Bodega Bay is located about 40 miles north of San Francisco. If you are a history/movie buff, you can learn about the behind the scenes of Alfred Hitchcock’s movie “The Birds,” which was filmed in Bodega Bay. A lot like Sausalito, Bodega Bay is good for walking around and enjoying the scenery and warm weather.
• How do I get there? From the SFSU campus, take the 1 North to the 101 North, follow signs to Bodega Bay.
Half Moon Bay
If you love seafood, Half Moon Bay has it all! Grab some clam chowder and oysters from Sam’s Chowder House which sits right on the water. Watch the sunset over the bay as your fun summer day winds down!
• How do I get there? From the SFSU campus, take the 1 South to the 280 South, follow signs for Pacifica and Half Moon Bay.
Photo 1 source: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/93/GoldenGateBridg...
Photo 2: by Jessica Schimm
Photo 3 source : http://pics4.city-data.com/cpicv/vfiles21444.jpg