This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Francisco chapter.

Well ladies it’s finally November; we’re in the midst of the fall season and it couldn’t feel any more fantastic! When I think of November and just the entire fall season in general, I have a few different thoughts and ideas wondering around my mind. I think of crunchy leaves scattered on the ground, the warm colored tones of the trees, the drizzling of rain and so many others! But one idea I really focus on in fall are the pumpkins; pumpkins are the icon of fall! There are so many different projects you can take on with the theme of pumpkins, whether you’re using an actual pumpkin or just using pumpkins as a theme! I’ve listed just a few out of the tons of projects you can create with the centeral theme of pumpkins; they’re all pretty simple and tons of fun so I hope you enjoy!

1. Pumpkin Spice Soap:

Materials:

• Shea butter soap base (2 lb will make 8 large 4 oz bars)
  • Red and yellow soap coloring
  • Soap mold
  • Pumpkin pie spice
  • Measuring cup (microwave safe)

Steps:

• First, cut up the soap base into cubes and melt the cubes in the measuring cup in the microwave (do about 1lb at a time so everything definitely gets melted). Stir in 30 second increments and stir well after each time.
  • Secondly, Stir in 2 tablespoons of the pumpkin pie spice.
  • Next, add in coloring drops (make sure the coloring drops are meant for soap, not just regular food dye) and add as many of each color as you want until you get the desired shade of orange that you want.
  • After that, pour the soap into the mold and let sit until it’s completely cooled and shaped (at least 30 minutes).
  • Lastly, decorate the soap in any cute boxes or anything else you can think of if desired!

2.  Pumpkin Spice Candles:

Materials:

• Mason jar (1 or 2); unless you want a different container for the candle
  • Candy or meat thermometer
  • Wick
  • 1 lb soy wax chips
  • Orane color chips (coloring specifically for candles)
  • 2 pots (one smaller one bigger)
  • Pumpkin spice fragrance oil (fragrance oil that is specifically meant for candles)
  • Pencil
  • Tape or string

Steps:

• First, fill a bigger pot with water ( maybe about half way filled) and put a smaller pot inside of the bigger pot; start heating the pots on the stove at a medium heat.
  • Next, fill the smaller pot with the soy wax chips and let the wax heat up and melt until it reaches about 170-180 degrees fahrenheit.
  • Once the wax is all melted add the fragrance oil (about 1-1 and a half ounces).
  • Afterwards, add as many color chips to reach the shade of orange that you prefer.
  • Then place the wick in the jar (make sure it’s a wick that is long enough to fit in a mason jar if using a mason jar) and wrap the top part of the wick to the middle of a pencil with tape, string, etc. and place the pencil on top of the jar so it’s balancing on the jar opening.
  • Pour the wax into the jar(s) and let it cool/mold (I would let it cool overnight just to play it safe!)
  • Lastly, untie the pencil and cut off any excess wick; if desired decorate your candle!

3.  Pumpkin Vase:

Materials:

• Pumpkin (real or fake)
  • Flowers (real or fake)
  • Knife
  • Spoon/Scooper (only if using real pumpkin)
  • Jar/Container (only if using real flowers)

Steps:

• First, cut out the top part of the pumpkin.
  • Scoop out the pumpkin insides until clean (only if using a real pumpkin though).
  • Once the pumpkin is all cleaned out, put a container inside of the pumpkin and fill the container with water (only if you’re going to be using real flowers).
  • Put the flowers inside of the pumpkin and decorate the outside of the pumpkin in any way that you want! You could use paint, ribbon, decals, burlap, bows, glitter, the possibilites are endless!

All of these projects are so much fun and they are so simple to do! So if you find yourself having any spare time or if you’re just an obsessive fall fanatic (like myself) then you should really try these out or any of the other fall pumpkin projects they have out there! I found so many of these ideas through Pinterest and various blogs so if you’re looking for other projects those are some great places to start looking! Happy November!