7 Festive Nail Art Ideas to Get You in the Holiday Spirit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Francisco chapter.

Sometimes straying away from typical nail designs can be difficult. Personally, getting my nails done is a splurge that I only do on special occasions, so picking the perfect nail color, let alone a design, can give me anxiety. Here I have rounded up seven different photographs (all from Pinterest) to help guide you in your decision making process at the nail salon.

This one is perhaps the most simplest out of the bunch. A sparkly twist on the classic French Tip can do no wrong.

A very merry and colorful look to try!

I really like this look because it shows how holiday looks do not always have to be green, red, white, or blue. A neutral grey can be just as good.

Up next we have these two bold, blue looks. The first one shows how you can incorporate silver and white, while the second utilizes more gold. Pick whichever will go better with your outfit!

This is one of the more complex designs, since it shows a bit of texture on the nails. If your salons offers this design, take advantage of it. You’ll definitely stick out from the crowd.

Last but not least, I had to include a look with some candy canes! Those red and white swirls were meant to be put on a nail. 

Valerie Duarte

San Francisco

An 18-year-old journalism student at SFSU. Los Angeles native. Very indecisive. Likes to have her cake and matcha lattes, too.