katie harp dRCjgmc4B8I unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
katie harp dRCjgmc4B8I unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

3 Ways To Earn Extra Cash Before the Holidays

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Francisco chapter.

With the holidays creeping up right around the corner, you may notice that your bank account is starting to dwindle down. Trying to balance a budget as a college student can be tough at times and can even be more difficult with the added expense of trying to find the perfect gift for your loved ones.

Here are three ways to earn some extra cash before the holidays.

1. Babysit

If you love working with kids, try babysitting! Websites such as Care.com and Sittercity.com are in need of babysitters. Parents are always looking for either a part-time nanny or someone to watch their little ones for date night. This is a great way to earn money, and who knows? The family you babysit for may want to hire you after the holidays!

2. Seasonal

Although working in retail might seem like a nightmare, the hours you put in dealing with customers will pay off in the end. Stores in the mall are especially looking for last-minute hires since some employees are gone for the holidays! Some companies such as Hollister offer holiday bonuses for working Black Friday weekend.

3. Tutoring

With finals also coming up, use your skills in a particular subject to tutor a student! This could work for either families looking for a tutor or for your fellow peers on campus.

Good luck to all of our boss babes!  

Valerie Duarte

San Francisco

An 18-year-old journalism student at SFSU. Los Angeles native. Very indecisive. Likes to have her cake and matcha lattes, too.