This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Francisco chapter.

We all know being a college student isn’t easy. We are so busy that sometimes we forget to think about eating, especially breakfast. As college students, it can be hard to live a healthy and well-balanced lifestyle that doesn’t require too much time and effort. Whether it is our morning commute to school or morning walk across campus, we are constantly on the go; therefore, we might not make the best meal choices. Unfortunately, instead of choosing wholesome and healthful meals, we are choosing quick and convenient ones. For example, prepackaged breakfasts or protein bars. They are packed with artificial sugars and mysterious names you can never even pronounce.

Don’t forget the morning we want to pick up a quick bite to eat and a coffee, which includes an ooey-gooey chocolate croissant and creamy pumpkin spice latte (because OMG it’s PSL season…and let’s be real… we have been waiting for this moment for what seems like forever). That guilty pleasure breakfast choice is about 1,000 empty calories, and high in sugar and fat.

Unfortunately, those types of food do not make us feel like our best selves, even worse, they do not sustain us. After all, food is fuel! So, you may ask yourself, “How can I prepare and eat a well-balanced breakfast, and make it to class on time?” Well my friends, you are in luck! I have a few easy and on-the-go breakfast ideas that will make you feel like you can overcome any pumpkin spince latte addiction or college life obstacle.

Overnight Oats: This is my personal favorite way to eat oatmeal. Why? Well, it is creamy, delicious, and filling, but it is also convenient because it is prepared the night before. That way you can grab it and go and run off to class.

You combine oats, yogurt or milk, sweetener of choice (I prefer maple syrup) and fruit in a mason jar, and let it sit overnight. These oats will give you long-lasting energy because this meal is perfectly balanced with fiber, protein, and fat. There are a ton of variations that will totally cater to your taste buds! Check out this link for some creative overnight oat receipes.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/samimain/overnight-oats-recipes-to-restore-your-…

Chia Seed Pudding: Okay, I know what you are thinking. Chia seeds… really? Why yes, really. They are little energy packets of omega-3 fatty acid and fiber that will leave you feeling energized and ready to kill that midterm you were up all night studying for. It is another overnight process in a mason jar or tuber ware. Most chia seed puddings consist of Greek yogurt (hello, protein!) maple syrup or raw honey, milk, and chia seeds. You can also add some fruit, nuts, or spices. My favorite receipe is below.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/chia-seed-pudding…

PB-Banana Rolls: If you are like me and love peanut butter (or any butter… because butter makes everything better!) then this is going to be right up your ally! This is what I make in the morning when I want to make something I don’t have to think much about. All you need is a whole wheat tortilla, peanut butter (or nut butter of choice) and a banana.  You then roll it into a taquito shaped power packed breakfast! That’s it, simple, easy, and quick. If you are feeling fancy you can add some cinnamon, cacao nibs, or jam.

I hope you enjoy these easy, quick, and delicious breakfast ideas!

HCXO,

Nicole