National Poetry Month: Robert Frost

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Salisbury chapter.

Robert Frost was born on March 26th, 1874 in San Francisco California. He published his first poem professionally in 1894, titled “My Butterfly”.

Frost is  arguably most known for his poem “The Road Most Taken.” Overall in his life, Frost has written 191 poems.  Most of his work was published first in England then later in America. Frost won four Pulitzer Prizes for his poetry and writings.

Frost  died on January 29th, 1963 during complications with prostate surgery.

One of Frost most famous quotes are  “A poem begins as a lump in the throat, a sense of wrong, a homesickness, a lovesickness.”

Hi, My name is Miles and I am a college student at Salisbury University.
Stephanie Chisley is an outgoing go-getter. Originally, Stephanie is from Oxon Hill, MD. She is currently a student at Salisbury University where she is studying Communication Arts with a track in journalism and public relations and a minor in Theater. While attending Salisbury University, Stephanie currently holds an executive board position as the secretary for Salisbury's Society of Professional Journalists . Stephanie plans on becoming an anchor for E! News or a writer, radio host, and announcer for BuzzFeed. In her free time, Stephanie is always on her phone scanning through social media, communicating with her friends, and finding new places to eat near her area.