3 Tips for FLAWLESS Skin

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Salisbury chapter.

Attention boys and girls! Fall is quickly approaching and before you know it, winter will be knocking at our doors, so I am here to share with you 3 quick tips to make sure your skin is poppin’ during the cold season.

1. Drink Water

Drinking water is the easiest thing you can do, and what’s better is that you can get it from anywhere at any time (crazy right?).

Because skin is made of cells, it needs just as much water as the rest of your organs do, so it is important to continuously replenish your body with it.

The benefits include clear, radiant, and hydrated skin.

1. Cleanse your face

Cleansers help to remove toxins and impurities from your face and can even aid in preventing pimples and blackheads.

Whether you use your hands or a face brush (which I recommend), try and make it a habit of washing your face in the morning as well as at nighttime, ESPECIALLY for all my makeup wearers out there!

Head out to any local drug store and I’m sure you will find a product best suited for your skin type.

1. Moisturize

For the Fall and Winter time, this is going to be a very important step for my oily skinned girls, and especially for my normal to dry skinned girls.

It adds extra moisture and hydration back into the face, and this is a good thing if you realize that you aren’t taking in as much water.

Moisturizing will leave your face smooth, bright and wrinkle free!

In order to achieve maximum skin perfection, it is important to create a routine for yourself, CONSISTENCY IS KEY. If you follow these easy steps daily, you will be ready to take on the dry weather.

Xena Metzger is currently a writer for HerCampus in the Salisbury University chapter. She joined because of her interest in writing and wanted a platform to share her own interests. In her free time, she enjoys playing volleyball, and reading thriller novels. Fun fact about her, is that she’s gotten up to over level 1000 on three separate Candy Crush games. She is an accounting major and after college, she plans to get her CPA license, and possibly go to graduate school.