The Stress of Finding Summer Jobs, As Told by Michael Scott

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Saint Mary's chapter.

I hit the ground running (let’s be honest here, more like tumbling, tripping, and falling all at once) when I came back to campus last fall just beginning my junior year, as the search for summer jobs/internships began. I slowly began to build my resume, check out some potential companies, attend interviewing seminars, and network.

Now I’m making it sound not so bad. I’m also making it sound like I was on top of my game. Well, don’t let my writing fool you. I was not. With the help of my friend Michael Scott, maybe I can more accurately describe the dreaded job search and the thoughts that ran through my head.

How many times can I possibly talk about my strengths and weaknesses? Don’t they know…

You mean I can’t wear leggings and a “nice” shirt to an interview?

Why are professional clothes so expensive?

Where do I see myself in 10 years you ask?

Oh I’m not sure because I don’t even know what I’ll be doing in 3 hours. *Ahem, cue professional well thought out answer*

Really? Another phone interview? How many times are we actually going to do this?

Oh great, another one of my friends has something lined up for this summer. I’m so happy for them.

Is it inappropriate to cry in the middle of an interview?

Why must I start “Adulting” already?

Allie Royce

Saint Mary's '18

Hope you find my work relatable and humorous.
Claire Condon

Saint Mary's

I think in Instagram captions.