The Mid-Semester Slump as Told by Brooklyn Nine Nine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Saint Mary's chapter.

I don’t know about you, but I LOVE the Fox series Brooklyn Nine Nine.  Now in it’s fifth season, the show is full of Brooklyn cop drama and Parks and Rec style humor that I can’t get enough of. During my most recent binge watch session, I noticed that the show has a lot of moments that relate to what I (and most college students) are feeling right now– the dreaded mid-semester slump.

Here are ten hilarious and relatable moments that I hope will get you through to at least Thanksgiving, if not winter break.

1. When your professor lectures for an hour and asks if there are any questions

​  

2. When you check your bank account after a well-deserved night out

3. Walking in to an exam you forgot to (or didn’t want to) study for

4. When your professor schedules an exam for a Friday at 8AM

5. When your professor tells a bad joke but you really need the A

6. When you have to go around as a class and tell everyone about your Fall break

7. Realizing that there’s over a month left until winter break

​ ​

8. When anyone asks you how you’re doing/feeling

9. Seeing everyone who got their work done ahead of time and has their life together

10. When nothing seems to go your way, no matter how hard you try

11. (Bonus) WHEN YOU FINISH YOUR LAST FINAL AND REALIZE YOU HAVE A MONTH OFF

Want more Brooklyn 99? Catch up on all the previous seasons on Hulu, and tune in to Fox on Tuesdays at 9:30/8:30 Central!

Until next time,

Meredith Mackowicz

Saint Mary's '19

"as unpredictable as a dad on a field trip" resident assistant, brooklyn 99 fanatic, amateur ukulele-ist, & cat mom taking collegiette life one day at a time. Campus Correspondent at Saint Mary's College
Colleen Zewe

Saint Mary's '18

I love fall, holidays, PSLs and forcing my dog to take pictures with me for Snapchat.