I’ll Miss You, Chicago

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Saint Mary's chapter.

In just a few short weeks, everything in my life will be changing. I will be graduating college, starting my first full time job at a public relations firm and moving to a new city! While all these changes are very exciting, the thought of moving to a new city across the country can be nerve racking. My whole life, I have lived in the suburbs of Chicago. I am leaving everything I have grown accustomed to during the last twenty-two years of my life and starting fresh. Even though I am a little nervous, I am very excited to start this new chapter of my life in Dallas, Texas. Leaving Chicago will not be easy, though. There will be many things I will miss!

It would be impossible to share everything I’ll miss (especially since there’s at least five different restaurants… my absolute favorite being Wildfire), but here are a few of things I’ll miss the most:

• My family being close by
  • My dogs Henry and Baxter
  • My favorite Chicago pizza- Nino’s (shout out to my dad for introducing it to me)
  • Walking the lakefront trail downtown
  • Going to cheer on the Cubs (I’ll miss seeing Anthony Rizzo the most)
  • My high school friends
  • Being a short drive away from Saint Mary’s
  • Being a short drive away from Notre Dame football games
  • Portillo’s (I feel like I am almost forced to say this)
  • The amazing skyline that I always can somehow spot even from the suburbs
  • Watching the Chicago nightly news
  • The good ole Jewel Osco
  • The radio stations (mainly because I’ll need to find new ones and reprogram them in my car)

Even though I’ll miss these things when I move in less than two months, I am excited to see what a new city will offer! I may even find myself a new baseball team to cheer on.. okay probably not because I’ll always love the Cubs, but who knows!

Lauren is happily living life as a Communication Studies Major at Saint Mary's College. When not writing for Her Campus or studying for classes, she can be found binge watching reality TV or obsessing over Notre Dame Football.
Colleen Zewe

Saint Mary's '18

I love fall, holidays, PSLs and forcing my dog to take pictures with me for Snapchat.