The Great Debate: Jimmy vs. Jimmy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Saint Mary's chapter.

After a long day, you finally have a chance to sit down and watch some much needed television. You sit on the couch with a big bag of popcorn, grab the remote, and think to yourself, “hmm… what should I watch?” You look at the clock and see that it’s almost 11:30, late night television is just about to start. After everything you had going on that day, you could go for a much needed laugh. You then realize you are then left with the choice of Jimmy… or Jimmy? Kimmel or Fallon? Who are you going to turn on?

Billboard

One of the biggest questions Americans often find themselves facing is: Are you team Kimmel or team Fallon? Many people have very strong opinions on this matter. While Kimmel has his well-known Mean Tweets segments, along with his infamous public feud with Matt Damon and his funny relationship with his trusty sidekick Guillermo, Fallon does his famous Lip Sync Battle segment, along with EW and Thank You Notes. Both funny men of late night television can sure make audiences laugh, but which one is the KING of late night television? Are you going to watch Kimmel in Hollywood or tune into Fallon in New York City? In order to help make this very hard decision more manageable, I’m going to share a few of my favorite clips over the years from both Jimmy Kimmel Live and The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon.

• That one time Kimmel was an Uber Driver

• That one time Fallon faced Emma Stone in an epic Lip Sync Battle

• That one time Kimmel introduced us to “Tuber Select”

• That one time Fallon showed us the Evolution of Mom Dancing

• That one time Kimmel made a tribute to Matt Damon

• That one time Fallon rode a roller coaster with Kevin Hart

Hopefully you had a good laugh or two after watching some of my most favorite clips from Jimmy Kimmel Live and The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, I leave you with one question: Are you team Kimmel or team Fallon?

Eonline

Lauren is happily living life as a Communication Studies Major at Saint Mary's College. When not writing for Her Campus or studying for classes, she can be found binge watching reality TV or obsessing over Notre Dame Football.
Claire Condon

Saint Mary's

I think in Instagram captions.