Dear Single Ladies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Saint Mary's chapter.

Dear single ladies,

Valentine’s Day. Yuck. It is creeping up real soon. February 14th is a reminder of loneliness to all the single people every year. But do not be sad. There are many activities to bring joy to this year’s Valentine’s Day! Do not be let down. May all the single girls unite and make this year amazing. Here are five ways to make your upcoming Valentine’s Day a little better (and it doesn’t include Tinder!)

1.Bake delicious desserts

Download Pinterest and look up “Valentine’s desserts” and you will not be disappointed. The list includes chocolate mousse to black oreo heart-shaped truffles to strawberry mimosas! Devour treats you have never tried! Don’t like it? Toss it and make something new, because it’s all for you!

2. Watch Bridesmaids

You do not have to have a Nicholas Sparks movie marathon when you have the movie Bridesmaids. This comedy and romantic movie is not all about the guy! By the end, the girls’ friendships grow even stronger than they were in the beginning, and it’s truly a happily ever after. Rent or buy now on Amazon video!

3. YouTube in bed

Forget Netflix and chill! Why not just lay and watch Youtube videos all day? Youtube offers many videos as everyone is well aware of. But my favorite thing to do is when I am down is watch “Kevin the cashier played by Adam.” There are many episodes of this, and you can watch it all back to back on Youtube. “Kevin the cashier played by Adam” is Ellen DeGeneres’s writer, and he goes around to different locations to play a fake cashier and basically does and says funny things to customers! I promise this will get you laughing! Here is my favorite episode.

4. Shopping Spree

Treat yourself and go buy yourself something fancy or nice! It does not have to be something materialistic. It can be as simple as getting a mani, pedi, facial, or even a massage (or all!) It might seem a bit weird to take yourself out on a date, but why not go out to pamper yourself with no distraction? It would be all worth it by the end. A mani or pedi makes it seem like you have everything orderly or clean in your life. A massage can relieve tension that has been stressing you for the past week. If retail therapy is your thing, go ahead girl! Treat your self.

5. Restaurant with a special buddy

Forget a man! Groom your dog and go out to a nice place with him or her. Dogs do not care if you look presentable or not. You can take them out to a cafe for lunch or a nice restaurant that is dog friendly in the evening. Order a nice steak for yourself and your pet. Then end off with ice cream for “her and dog.” The first look you see your pet when the delicious meal comes out will be priceless. Dog drool is cute. Date drool is an absolute turn off.  Also, in the morning, your dog won’t ditch and leave you without a text the next day. So go ahead and have fun with your one and only, because your dog will be there the day after Valentine’s day!

Check this website for inspiration for dog dates. You will fall in love!

YeYe Tin

Saint Mary's

YeYe is a freshman at Saint Mary's College who wants to pursue as a computer science engineer. She loves to sing, dance, shop, travel, and catch up on the latest TV show on Netflix. When she is not working, YeYe can be found winding down at a chocolate shop with a cup of ice coffee. 
Claire Condon

Saint Mary's

I think in Instagram captions.