Campus Cutie: Mary Grace Stechschulte

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Saint Mary's chapter.

One of the HOTTEST topics on campus last semester was the girl in the hot dog suit. You may have read about her in the Notre Dame Observer or you may have even been lucky enough to witness her in all of her glory at a football game or another event where she strolled around in her famous hot dog costume. Mary is currently on the hunt for the hotdog boy that she came across the first night that she put on her famous costume. I am sure that everyone would love to get to know more about the one and only Mary Stechschulte, so here’s your chance.

Name: Mary Grace Stechschulte

Year: Sophomore

Major: Elementary Education

Hometown: Jackson, MI

Nicknames: Mary the Hot One

What made you want to walk around in a hot dog suit?

I try to live life to the fullest every single day, and on that particular day it meant running around Notre Dame in a hot dog suit. YOLO

Do you think that someday you will meet your hot dog partner?

I do not think I will meet that specific man in a hot dog suit, but I do believe that there is a man out there who will love me enough to put on a hot dog suit if I ask him to.

Are you part of any activities or clubs at SMC?

I signed up for about 20 clubs at the beginning of the year, but I do not show up to many club meetings. I fill my time with classes, work, and volunteering. Also, if any of the club leaders are reading this, I am sorry I have not showed up in a while, I will try to make it to the next meeting.

Favorite food: Tacos, specifically Tacos de Carnitas

Favorite movie: Changes every week, but currently Singing in the Rain

Favorite place you have traveled to: Ireland

What is your favorite thing about SMC? There are no annoying teenage boys on campus, it’s a nice break.

Who would play you in a movie? uh, me, no one else could

Favorite quote: “Remember to not take life so seriously, it’s not like you make it out alive”- no clue

Favorite celebrity: me

Dream job: Get paid to go on wild adventures around the world and share my stories with the world

Marie is from a suburb near Chicago, Illinois. She enjoys spending time with her friends and family, and traveling to new places. When she's not writing or working hard on school work you can find her attending Notre Dame football games, watching Netflix or snacking on something sweet (or chicken nuggets).
Allie Royce

Saint Mary's '18

Hope you find my work relatable and humorous.