Campus Cutie: Colleen Drolet

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Saint Mary's chapter.

Campus Cutie – SMC Junior, Colleen Drolet

Hometown – Inverness, Illinois

What motivated you to go on the March for Life in Washington DC? Was this your first time attending? 

“It has always been something I wanted to be a part of, but this was my first time attending. I was excited to be a part of something I feel so passionate about!”

Do you believe identifying as pro life also can also mean being pro woman? 

“Yes, I do! There is a 50 percent chance of the baby growing in the womb to be a female. I see one way of being pro woman as showing women considering abortion compassion. In showing them compassion, I would make sure they know abortion is not their only option. Having an abortion is not always as easy for a woman as people may make it seem to her.”

What would your message be for any woman faced with unexpected pregnancy?

“First, I would make sure they know abortion is not their only option. God has a plan for all of us. Even for myself, God’s plan is almost never what I expect.”

What is your hope for the future? Do you feel optimistic that Roe vs Wade will be overturned?

“I am optimistic, especially after seeing the number of people in Washington D.C. this weekend; all of them there for the same exact reason. When you see so many people so openly expressing their paralleled beliefs, it gives you a great deal of hope for the future.”

What were your feelings during the march? Did you feel united and hopeful seeing such large masses of people fighting for a common purpose? 

“During the March, I kept thinking about how amazing it was to see so many people from all over the country all there for the same reason as me.”

There were a lot of signs people held up as they marched.  Did any of them stand out to you?

“There were so many good ones! One said, “In 900 years of time and space, I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important.” Another one said, “Peace begins in the womb.” Both are such great messages that need to be shared.”

Would you attend again? 

“Absolutely!”

I'm always looking for a fun time, good food, and happy people. If I happen to walk by a wedding, I'm going to crash it.
Claire Condon

Saint Mary's

I think in Instagram captions.