8 South Bend Fashion Tips From a California Girl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Saint Mary's chapter.

I walked into the kitchen, and on the table I saw this month’s edition of Seventeen magazine.  Yes… I still get that magazine.  Attached to the magazine was a mini magazine edition about college style.  Obviously it focused on the fashion of college aged women.  I flipped through the pages and it made me think about all the different perspectives and ideas people have on college fashion. 

I have not visited a lot of different colleges to survey fashion or specifically asked people about the overall fashion sense at their school, but here are my tips as a California girl going to an all girls school in Indiana! 

1.     The weather is crazy! At the beginning and end of the school year the weather is very hot but for the rest of the year it is cold… so be prepared!

2.     Sweatpants are your best friend

3.     Save your cute outfits and hair styles for the weekends

4.     Make sure to have a warm coat that covers most of your body

5.     Because it starts getting cold in October, (colder than the worst winter day in California) you need to have going out outfits that make you feel cute but still keep you warm!

6.     Comfortable shoes!  You don’t want to have to walk in pain after a football game or a fun night out.

7.     Have a sweatshirt from Saint Mary’s and Notre Dame!  School spirit is always cool!

8.     Be confident in your own style.  If you feel good then you will look good!

I hope you enjoyed my tips on how to survive The Bend!   

Photos: 1 provided, 234, 5, 6, 7, 8

Sinead Hickey

Saint Mary's

Incoming Junior at SMC, writing and hoping people like it!