This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

On Wednesday April 5th, the sisters of Theta Phi Alpha held their annual event “Tie Dye With Theta Phi” on campus to raise money for their philanthropy, Camp Friendship. 

Located in Mississippi, Camp Friendship is a two-week summer camp for children from low-income families. The goal of the camp is to provide a summer camp experience to children who otherwise could not afford to go.

“Last year, we were able to raise enough money for the camp to stay open for a third week,” said sophomore and Philanthropy Chair, Jen Donovan. “Hopefully we can do that again this year.”

Along with providing supervision and guidance, the volunteer camp counselors lead activities that emphasize self-esteem, teamwork, fairness, and cooperation. 

“We have had many sisters volunteer to go down and work as camp counselors in the past, and it’s been a great experience for them,” said Donovan. 

The money raised from the event will help fund camp operations, as well as purchase craft supplies, bathing suits and sports equipment for the kids. 

Tie dying took place on the quad outside the library. Beautiful weather made for great student turn out. Students could tie dye a pillowcase, provided by the sorority for $5, or tie dye their own item for $2. 

Even Dr. Petillo came out to join in on the fun!  

“It was great to see so many people come out and support the cause,” said junior and Panhellenic Delegate, Briana Andreoli. “We always appreciate other campus organizations attending our events, and learning more about our philanthropic works.” 

Keep up the good work, ladies!

Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.