Things Everyone Loves Doing During the Holidays

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

I think that everyone loves the holiday season. The holidays put us in a good mood, and make us want to do fun things. Although it’s not even December, I was ready for Christmas the day after Halloween. I even went ahead and put up Christmas decorations in my dorm! Here are a few things to do while enjoying this time, whether you’re stuck in your dorm or at home.

1. Drink​ ​hot​ ​chocolate​

Whether it’s made at home, bought from Starbucks, or bought from anywhere else it’s probably really good! 

2. Listen​ ​to​ ​Christmas​ ​music (Starting in November)

Honestly, there’s never a wrong time to listen to Christmas music. Even if you’re doing work it’s enjoyable! 

3. Decorate​ ​your​ ​dorm/​room​ ​at​ ​home/​house​

One of my favorite Christmas traditions is helping my mom with all the decorations inside, and then going outside and doing the lights with my dad. It’s always a great time. 

4. Spend​ ​the​ ​night​ ​in​ ​and​ ​watch​ ​your​ ​favorite​ ​Christmas​ ​movies​

​I could do this any time of the year to be honest, but there’s never anything wrong with hanging out with your closest friends, and snuggling up to a movie with Christmas lights on. 

5. Watch​ ​’Elf​’ ​for​ ​the​ ​800th​ ​time​

Because really, who doesn’t like Elf???

Happy holiday season! It’s the most wonderful time of the year~

Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.