Ten Signs Your Coffee Addiction is Out of Control

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

Where would any of us be without our daily dose of caffeine? It’s a scary thought. For most college students, coffee is an everyday must-have. If these ten scenarios apply to you, you’re coffee addiction may be getting out of control:

1.  You’re thoroughly convinced your morning coffee would be more effective if it came in an IV.

2.  You feel that a cup of coffee is acceptable at all hours of the day. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, 2 am while you’re writing that ten page paper…it’s all the same to you. 

3.  Caffeine doesn’t make you hyper anymore. It’s just the only thing that keeps you on your feet.

4.  Every time you blink, you see the Starbucks logo. And you’re actually okay with it.

5.  Coffee and water are basically the same, right?

6.  Your outfit isn’t actually complete without a cup of coffee in your hand.

7.  You seriously wonder what’s wrong with the people who claim they “don’t like coffee.”

8.  You understand that a lack of coffee is the only reason why you have a headache, did poorly on exam, chipped a nail, or had a bad hair day. Finally, a simple soultion to all of our problems.

9.  The cashier at Outtakes knows your order by heart at this point. Seriously, she has become your new bestie.

10.  Forget the things you could buy with all the money you would save if you stopped drinking coffee. You just gotta have it.

Coffee, we love you. Thank you for getting us through all the hard times. We never take your power for granted.

Gaby Houle is an aspiring Neonatal Nurse Practitioner who also happens to love to write. She is from Wolcott, Connecticut where she lives with her parents and younger sister. She will read any book you throw at her, and will watch any movie that doesn't involve aliens or zombies!
Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.