Street Wear Trends that Are Making a Comeback

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

There have been a few new items that I have slowly added to my wardrobe collection lately. They were once in style, and then soon out of style but now they are making a comeback AGAIN. The old street wear items are back in style and I can’t say I am mad about it. Here are a few of these items that you might want to add to your closet if you don’t already have them. 

1. Denim Jackets  

My denim jacket is my favorite item in my closet currently. It is so easy to grab and go while still looking put together. They can be found in almost every store, and even thrift stores! If you haven’t seen this trend all over your campus, then you can expect to see them this spring. A denim jacket is a must have in every wardrobe whether it is embroidered, or worn out with rips there is a style for everyone! 

2. Checkered Vans 

One of my recent purchases is my slip on checkered vans. There are many different styles and colors of this newer trend so you are bound to find something you like. This is my favorite new shoe and they are so comfortable to wear. I highly suggest you try these on and instantly fall in love like I did. 

3. The Color Yellow  

The color yellow has also been making a comeback this spring. Whether it is vibrant yellow, or mustard yellow, it throws me back to the 90s. Between crop tops and formal dresses, this color is found in any item desired. So get on this trend because this color is hot for the summer! 

4. Graphic Baseball Caps

If you are ever having a bad hair day, or you are just too lazy to do your hair, throw on a graphic baseball cap and you are set for the day ahead. This is a trend that is so simple and could be worn with every outfit so add a few of these to your closet. 

5. Hoop Earrings 

Most of these trends I’ve mentioned are pretty casual pieces so if you are looking to spice up a night look just add hoops! They come in many different sizes so you can find the perfect pair for you! 

I don’t know about you, but these street wear trends are some of my favorite, most worn items. I couldn’t be more thrilled that street wear clothing is making a come back.

Lauren Khoury

Sacred Heart

Lauren is an Exercise Science major with plans to become a Physical Therapist in order to help people become the best version of themselves.
Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.