Introducing Spoon University at SHU

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

Calling all donut lovers and self-proclaimed foodies: Spoon University is officially coming to SHU! Okay, so now that I’ve got your attention (ahem, yes, that’s you donut lovers), you may be wondering what exactly is Spoon Univeristy? It’ actually pretty simple; Spoon U is the food resource for our generation. It’s written by college students for college students. Content includes anything from videos about Saturday night drunchies to health and nutrition articles – and it’s the newest club on campus!Let’s face it, SHU is a small campus, and at times it may feel like you know everyone already. However, there are also times that you walk through the halls and think to yourself, who are all these people and when did they get here? This club will connect you to those people when you get involved with the tight-knit, fun-loving, and easy-going community that is SHU Spoon.

Joining Spoon gives you the opportunity to meet all different people that you may have not met otherwise; and you’ll instantly be connected with a food-obsessed SHU community. And lets be honest, everyone in college is a little food-obsessed. If becoming part of a SHU community wasn’t enough, Spoon also exposes you to an international community as well. Joining Spoon means you can connect with thousands of other contributors from around the world. Pretty cool, eh? 

Even cooler- Spoon provides endless opportunities to build your resume. You can write, edit, and pitch story ideas. You’ll gain access to awesome writing tips through Secret Sauce (Spoon’s internal training platform). Spoon also partners with places like Buzzfeed and Food Network so your content has the potential to reach millions. 

Finally, you’ll have the opportunity to be around food 24/7. Okay, so not 24/7, but pretty close to it. When you become a member of SHU Spoon, you have unlimited access to write, read, and research all things food. Trust me when I say you will literally dream about food. You also get to go to awesome meetings and events, which of course will always include food. If you’re interested in applying, give us a holler at https://spoonuniversity.com!

Foodie, Dog lover. Shu Lax '19
Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.