jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Hot Spot in Fairfield for the Spring/Summer: Robeks Fresh Juices and Smoothies 

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

One of the biggest food trends in the past couple of years has been açaí bowls. Açaí bowls are essentially blended açaí packets, added fruits, and any sort of liquid, which are then blended to a thick consistency to allow for fruits and other toppings to be placed on top of the smoothie base. The finished product is a delicious snack or meal, depending on how much fruit and toppings are on it. 

Being at college, the luxury of having açaí bowls from an actual place is not as easily accessible as it is in your hometown. I am a huge fan of these bowls and it’s unfortunate that not all college campuses have an açaí bowl place right on campus. But, I mean, Sacred Heart does have a diner so I’ll let that one pass. Luckily, since our campus is so close to downtown Fairfield, Robeks Fresh Juices and Smoothies is only ten minutes from the Sacred Heart campus. Robeks is a healthy smoothie place that offers smoothies, bowls and juices. Taking an hour out of your busy day to break for a smoothie bowl is definitely the best way to de-stress. 

With this in mind, my friend and I took the quick trip to Robeks last week to de-stress and gossip, of course. I got the ‘Açaí Strawnana Berry’ bowl, which had açaí, banana, blueberries, strawberries and vanilla almond milk. It was topped with banana, strawberries, blueberries, granola and honey. This was one of the best treats I have had in a long time. It was so good; I can’t emphasize this enough. The best part was that it was only $8.99, which is fairly on the cheaper price range for smoothie bowls. Being on a college budget, this made the day even better. 

On the other hand, my friend got a smoothie, which was called ‘Raspberry Romance’. This smoothie had strawberries, banana, raspberry sherbet, non-fat frozen yogurt and raspberry juice. Of course, I had to try a sip and it was delicious. She got a size small, which was about $5, another perfect price range for a treat. 

I wish I could try the rest of the menu in one sitting, but I would probably explode. There is so much variety that everyone is bound to have their favorite item(s) on the menu. The service is quick, but not too quick where the finished product is sloppy. 

Overall, if you and your friends want a break from school to go into Fairfield and explore a new place to eat, I definitely recommend Robeks. Plus, the pictures of the finish products are definitely VSCO worthy and it’s only 10 minutes from Sacred Heart!

Sacred Heart University 2020 Health Science, Global Health Major Nutrition, Exercise & Wellness
Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.