An Ed Sheeran Song for Every Emotion

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

Ed Sheeran’s latest album ‘Divide’ might be starting to get old on the charts, but his songs are still very much on our minds.  From heartfelt ballads to pregame anthems, there really is a song for every emotion that the typical college student experiences.  We don’t know how you do it, Ed, but please never stop.  Here’s a relatable song fit for whatever situation you find yourself in next.

When you’re really into someone new  – “Shape of You”

We talk for hours and hours about the sweet and the sour…”

When you’re trying to get over someone – “New Man”

“But still, I’m just keeping it real, still looking at your Instagram and I’ll be creeping a little…”

or

When you look back on your childhood memories and realize you’re growing up – “Castle on the Hill”

“Found my heart and broke it here, made friends and lost them through the years…”

When you have no freaking clue what you’re professor is trying to get at “What Do I Know?”

“I’m just a boy with a one man show, no university, no degree…”

When you’re reminiscing on study abroad AKA the time of your life – “Barcelona”

“I’ve got two left feet and a bottle of red wine…”

When you see your ex with someone else – “Happier”

“I saw that both your smiles were twice as big as ours…”

When you’re scared to get hurt – “Dive”

“Don’t call me baby, unless you mean it…”

And this is just his latest album… so if you’re ever in a ~mood~ go find an Ed Sheeran Spotify playlist, we guarentee you won’t be let down!

Meg Rice

Sacred Heart '19

Taylor Swift enthusiast, lover of caramel iced coffee, & sister of Zeta Tau Alpha at Sacred Heart University
Laura Lampert

Sacred Heart

Laura is a Communications Studies major with a concentration in Digital Marketing/PR.  Campus Correspondent at Sacred Heart, overly-involved, and always five minutes late with an iced coffee.