5 Reasons to Fall in Love With Timothée Chalamet

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

As award season comes to an end, all film lovers are reflecting on the amazing films that were nominated this year. One of the movies that caught many people’s eyes was Call Me by Your Name, especially lead actor Timothée Chalamet. The New York native has caught the hearts of girls, and guys, all around the world with his amazing work in CMBYN. He was also in another award nominated film this year, Lady Bird. Between both films, he has proved his diverse acting skills to the world. At 22, Chalamet was the youngest actor to be nominated for an Oscar for Best Actor in about 80 years. Although he did not win, his outstanding work was not gone to waste. He is definitely an actor everyone should be looking out for and loving and here are some reasons why: 

1. His acting is absolutely amazing. 

The diversity between his characters Elio Perlman in Call Me by Your Name, a soft spoken, confused and sweet teenage boy who doesn’t truly know what he wants and Kyle Scheible in Lady Bird, the typical stuck up, rude, and arrogant high school boy, proves that Chalamet is able to take on any role given to him. 

2. He is adorably awkward. 

Watch any interview of his and you’ll see what I’m talking about. While occasionally avoiding eye contact with the interviewer and laughing nervously after every question he is asked, it is clear to see how nervous he is during the interviews and how awkward he is, but in such an adorable way. 

3. He’s humble. 

Despite the success that CMBYN has had this year, he still refuses to admit that people actually know who he is. In a lot interviews, he constantly mentions that no one really knows him. He has also brought his mom as his date to the Oscars, and his sister as his date to the Golden Globes. Talk about a family man. 

4. His “love” for statistics. 

One part of his past that keeps creeping up on him is his video project for his statistics class in high school. This video is a rap about statistics, where he shoves off yet another skill he has. His alter ego “lil timmy tim” continues to follow him in interviews and makes him that much more ~relatable~. 

5. He’s simply adorable. 

All other reasons to love him set aside, he is simply just adorable. With his long curly hair and angel like face, Timothée Chalamet has captured the hearts of boys and girls 

around the world. And if that’s not enough to make you love him, then I don’t know what is.

Sacred Heart University '20 Communications--Public Relations
Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.