11 Signs You’re Obsessed With Christmas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

There are two types of people during the Christmas holiday: the “bah humbug” believers and the ones who have “Obsessive Christmas Disorder.” Yes, it is a thing for those who are overly obsessed with Christmas. But it is okay because you’re not alone. Many people will be able relate to these 10 signs that prove your over-the-top love for Christmas:

1. You blast your Christmas playlist the day after Thanksgiving (only because it is not acceptable to play Christmas music all year round).

2. You shop for that “perfect” ugly Christmas sweater in every store you go into.

3. You look like this the moment ABC Family’s official 25 Days of Christmas schedule comes out:

4. In your mind, the day after Thanksgiving means TIME TO DECORATE!

5. And when you say decorate, you mean every inch of the house.

6. Even your animals become a victim of your Christmas obsession.

7. This is you when you finally meet someone who is just as obsessed with Christmas as you are:

8. You wake up before everyone else in your house on Christmas morning.

9. You are not able to contain your Christmas excitement whatsoever…not even a little bit.

10. You know every word to Mariah Carey’s “All I Want For Christmas Is You,” and you aren’t afraid to leave it on replay for the entire month of December. 

Bieber knows the deal.

11. However, no matter how much you love Christmas, you still believe The Elf on the Shelf will always remain a creepy doll.

Only twenty more days until Christmas Eve, collegiettes! But who’s counting?

Erin Vimini is a senior at Sacred Heart University. She is an English major with a concentration in writing. She is also in the five year program for teaching and is interested in becoming an elementary school teacher. Her favorite season is the fall because she loves to go apple and pumpkin picking. She likes to spend her free time going for a run and baking.
Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.