10 Unique Gifts to Give Your Special Someone on Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

With Valentines Day just around the corner, this is your year to do something fun, exciting, and different for your significant other. Here are 10 special and unique gifts or things to do for your special someone this Valentines Day:

1. “52 Reasons Why I Love You”

This classic do-it-yourself present is sure to make anyone feel special. Every project is different and personalized based on the relationship. All you need is a deck of cards, some markers, string, and you’re all set to knock the socks off of your sweetheart.

2.”The Date Night Jar”

Homemade gifts are always the best! Here is a cute way to keep your date nights fun and unpredictable. Your loved one will admire the thought that you put into each and every date night idea and will most definitely be excited to do all of them with you.

3. Write Her a Poem or Love Letter

Writing something can be one of the most beautiful things you can do for someone you love. Putting your true feelings and raw emotions onto paper and expressing them to someone is the truest form of openness. Whether it’s a poem or a love letter, your significant other is sure to appreciate your words.

4. Create a Scavenger Hunt

Not only is this a fun activity, but it’s also super creative for your sweetheart. Have your loved one solve riddles to find clues to things that symbolize your relationship. Have the last riddle lead him or her to wherever the two of you plan to spend your Valentine’s Day together.

5. Make a Romantic Dinner

Just because it’s Valentine’s Day doesn’t mean you have to clean out your bank account at a fancy restaurant. This year, try cooking something yourself that is delicious and special. Your significant other is sure to appreciate your time, effort and love that went into your food.

6. “365 Days of Love”

On a piece of paper, write a compliment, something you love about him/her, a memory, etc. and put it in a jar. Everyday, your loved one will read one and start the day off with a smile. The joy will last her all the way until the next Valentines Day. This may take some time, but it will all be worth it when you see the smile on your special someone’s face.

7. Build-A-Bear 

While you may think that only little kid’s love stuffed animals, you are mistaken. Anyone, especially women, love the sentiment and innocence of a cute cuddle teddy bear. Make one for her, not only customized to her personality, but made with love and affection as well for her to cuddle with when you’re not around.

8. “The ABC’s of Our Love”

Yet another lovely do-it-yourself project. Here, you write your own alphabet. Whether it’s something you love about the person or a memory that the two of you shared, it’s worth mentioning. Reading through your ABC’s is a sure fire way to let your significant other know just how much your relationship means to you.

9. Couples Massage

Life can be stressful sometimes, but the holidays are a great time to relax and focus on the important things. A massage, whether you do them yourselves or go to a professional, is a perfect way to bond with your significant other. You are sure to melt your troubles away together.

10. Make a Scrapbook

This project, whether you do it yourself or assemble it online, is always a personalized crowd pleaser. Gather pictures together of you and your loved one, whether it’s a snapshot from something you did together or just a random and silly selfie. A scrapbook is the perfect way to reminisce about the beauty and love that lies within your relationship.

Victoria Caputo

Sacred Heart

Victoria Caputo is a junior at Sacred Heart University. She is an English Major with a double minor in Creative Writing and Graphic Design studying as a graduate student in the Elementary Education program. She is a co-chair of Relay for Life, the founder and President of To Write Love on Her Arms, and the newly appointed Treasurer of SHU's Her Campus Chapter!
Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.