Must See Events This Month on Campus!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacramento chapter.

I’m sure you are all eager to be with friends and family, (and away from homework and exams) but before heading home for Thanksgiving break, be sure to check out some of these exciting events Sacramento State is having on campus:

1. Participate in Thanksgiving Food Basket Drive

Photo Courtesy Jeffrey Betts

Grab a few friends, a team or rock it solo and give thanks early this year by donating food baskets to families in need. ASI at Sacramento State is hosting an event to collect canned goods and non-perishable food items on from November 13-17  from  9am to 5pm at the ASI Hotspot, inside The  WELL. For more information about the Thanksgiving Basket Food Drive or how you can participate with a team, visit here.  

2. Attend Free Yoga Night

Photo Courtesy of Matthew Henry

Have you ever been to Yoga Night? No, well let loose and relax on “Yoga Night” in The University Union Ballroom. This event is FREE and open to the students and the general public! This is a great event to connect with some outside friends and bring them to our beautiful campus. Also, there is free parking at a designated spot so make sure to check out event details. The event takes place on November 16th from 7:30pm-9:30pm. For more details on the event, visit here. This is something we probably all will need after those crazy nights studying for midterms and prepare for finals!

3. Attend the 4th Annual Empowering Women of Color Conference

Photo by Levi Guzman

Join the Women’s Resource Center at Sacramento State for their 4th Annual Empowering Women of Color Conference 2017 on November 17th from 10am to 4pm in the University Union. The Empowering Women of Color Conference centralizes women of color identities and experiences. This event is to demonstrate how women of color take a significant amount of energy navigating the world helping, pioneering and making changes for others. There will be a keynote speaker, workshop presentations, meditation and a networking activity. To learn more about this empowering conference for women and to register, please visit here.

4. Attend the First Ever TEDx Event by TEDxCSUS

Photo by Ifunanya Onyima, TEDxCSUS

TEDxCSUS, an independently organized TED event, is hosting its first ever TED talk at Sacramento State. It will be happening November 17th from 1pm to 6pm in the University Union. The event will feature 8-10 live local and international speakers of diverse backgrounds and walks of life. A day of networking and dialogue will revolve around the theme Boomerang: What Goes Around, Comes Around, with speakers discussing how they have shot their own personal boomerangs across the world, and the effect it’s had on their lives and the world around them. For more information on attending or being involved with TEDxCSUS and how you can give it back, visit here!

Thanksgiving break is just around the corner, but don’t miss out on these exciting functions. So take a break from the study hall and head over to ones of these for the evening. There are so many awesome events coming up on campus, you’re sure to find something you’ll enjoy!