This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacramento chapter.

Can you believe this semester is almost over? Throughout all those late nights you spent studying for exams, it was definitely a struggle to keep a social life on campus and have fun while doing so. It isn’t always easy to make time for friends or attend fun events while being busy with school and work. I’ve listed three ideas below to help you find some ways you can still get involved within the campus community.

1. Join a Club on Campus

Photo Courtesy of Guinnevere King

At Sacramento State University, there are so many organizations, sports clubs, major programs and Greek life communities to choose from so you will find something that interests you. It might be helpful to see what interests you first then research the organization. To find more information about the clubs, check out their social media to find upcoming events and ask questions while socializing with their members. It’s a great way to explore new opportunities for yourself in their organization. The first time can be intimidating especially if you don’t know anyone. You can always email the president of the club and ask them to meet on campus so you can learn more. Also, you can login to your OrgSync profile to find out upcoming events, search through on campus organizations and customize your own online profile!

2. Plan a Trip to The WELL

Photo Courtesy of Guinnevere King

The WELL has an Intramural Sports program, self defense classes, student memberships and so much more! It is a recreational facility for students, alumni and other fitness enthusiasts of all levels to enjoy being physically active. If you are feeling a little bit more adventurous for some outdoor fun, located at The WELL, there is Peak Adventures. These are some great programs for you and a group of friends to participate in a non-competitive environment. It is the perfect way to compete against other teams, meet new people and have fun. So, check it out and break a sweat!

3. Follow Along on Social Media

Photo Courtesy of Tofros.com

Get social online! Seriously, it is the best and fastest way to find all the major events and news on campus. Follow along and interact with Sacramento State University, Associated Students, Inc. Sacramento State, The WELL, The University Union and of course, Her Campus at Sacramento State. There are other social media pages you can follow too. For example your major at Sacramento State, college department, clubs and more. It will help you to stay up to date on all the latest news and find more opportunities on how you can be involved on campus. During your break between classes, check Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to quickly find out all the fun events happening and you won’t have to worry about missing out on anything!

If all else fails, don’t give up! You are always welcome to join Her Campus at Sacramento State. Our members in Her Campus at Sacramento State receive the opportunity to experience what it is like to work at an online media publication magazine. We create events and workshops for the campus community where we write about all the latest news, upcoming events from other organizations and get together on how we can be more involved with the campus community. You will find great friends, challenge your writing skills and the opportunity to land amazing internships. To discover more reasons to join Her Campus at Sacramento State, learn more here. Remember, it’s never too late to start meeting new people and put yourself out there!

SaveSave