Vote on Campus!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Toronto MU chapter.

You probably know by now that the Federal election is quickly approaching in just two week’s time. If you’ve been following the election, and have an idea of who you’d like to cast a ballot for, Ryerson has made your voting experience even easier. From Monday, October 5th to Thursday, October 8th, you can vote for any riding across Canada (that you reside in) on campus! 

You do not even need to register to vote, so long as you come with the correct ID. You can either provide a driver’s license or provincial/territorial ID card, OR Two (2) pieces of ID, one of which includes your home address. This could be a passport, SIN card, birth certificate, health card, etc, AND something with your name and address on it-a utility bill, bank statement, letter from school, correspondence from the government (think HST Rebate letter), etc.

Remember: If you don’t vote, you forfeit your right to complain about who forms government, and you allow others to choose who represents you-who represents all of us.So get out there and get…

Ben Samuels

Toronto MU '16

Benjamin is a reluctant third-year English major at Ryerson University and the newly minted Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Ryerson.You can reach Benjamin on twitter and instagram @iamsashagay, and by email at benjaminkent@hercampus.com
Lena Lahalih

Toronto MU

Lena is a fourth year English major at Ryerson University and this year's Editor-in-Chief.   You can follow her on Twitter: @_LENALAHALIH