Types of Medicine Every Dorm Room Should Have

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Toronto MU chapter.

Medication is usually left out of the ever growing list of things to pack when you’re moving. If you’re moving this summer, consider this list handy– trust us you’ll thank us later. 

1. Pain and Fever Medication: Acetaminophen (Tylenol) and ibuprofen (Advil and Mortin) 
  2. Antibiotic ointments: these topical antibiotics can be applied to any cuts, burns, or open injuries to help prevent infection 
  3. Hydrocortisone: A cortisone cream can relieve itching such as a bug bit or rash. However, it’s important tto note that if a rash is serious, check with your doctor to make sure the cream won’t make your condition worse. 
  4. Antihistamines: Keep both the drowy and non-drowsy varieties on hand. These will help the itching and watery nose/eyes symptoms you get from allergies 
  5. Decongestants: These will help drain mucous from a stuffy nose
  6. Cough medicines: Keep both expoectorants (which help your coughs become more productive by loosening mucous) and suppressants (which control your cough reflex) on hand 
Hi! This is the contributor account for Her Campus at Ryerson.
Lena Lahalih

Toronto MU

Lena is a fourth year English major at Ryerson University and this year's Editor-in-Chief.   You can follow her on Twitter: @_LENALAHALIH