This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Toronto MU chapter.

By: Alexandria Goncalves

Studying English Literature as a first year Ryerson student! Her birthday is May 9, with the sign of a Taurus! She speaks Arabic or what she calls it, “White Arabic.”

Every girl needs to have those friends that you can rely on, and in Maha’s case she has her two great friends Julianna who she met in university and Carley who is from high school.     

Maha and Carley   

Maha and Julianna

Favourite book genres?

Young Adults and Historical… but contemporary romance is a guilty pleasure.

While those are Maha’s favourite book genres her favourite book is called Between Shades of Grey by Ruta Sepetys  

Favourite drink?

Expensive Press Juice; because we all need to treat ourselves sometimes! *hair flip*

Current job?

Maha’s current job consists of her writing for a popular Instagram influencer blog called @Nourka92 weekly! Which is found to be pretty impressive, everyone looks for the opportunity to write for someone, and Maha went outside her comfort zone and DM’ed the page and got accepted! (You go girl!)

Plans for the future?

Maha has some awesome future career choices, having many choices is awesome for someone at such a young age! Some of the possible paths are law school, becoming script director or a pursuing journalism.  She is also currently writing a TV show with a friend so who knows– maybe you will be seeing her name on our TV screens soon enough!)

Some more facts to learn about the fabulous Maha:

Why did you join Her Campus Ryerson?

“I joined HerCampus because I love to write, and writing for Her Campus seemed like a great way to gain more experience with writing and get better at it!”

Where is your hometown?

“My hometown is Mississauga, I’ve lived here my whole life (besides the fact that I lived in London, Ontario for a few years)”

What’s your favourite place on campus?

Maha’s favourite place on campus is 8th floor SLC; it’s usually empty!

What made you choose your major?

“I chose my major because I knew for a long time that I wanted to go into English, there are so many paths I can take from here so it was a perfect fit. Also, I love to write.”

Place you’d like to travel next?

Maha would love to travel to Spain, especially the old cities like Granada, and Seville. It’s so beautiful and rich with history. Following that, Maha has had the chance to travel to Africa. Maha’s WILDEST thing was two summers ago just buying a ticket to Africa.  

Quote?

This quote is funny because a friend of mine said it but it’s so true and so overlooked: “sometimes you just gotta catch the l’s in life, my guy”

Who would you invite to dinner, dead or alive?

I would invite Samuel Beckett, i just wanna talk about his writing, and where he gets his inspirations and ideas from, also the dinner conversation wouldn’t end or turn boring!

How would you describe your fashion sense?

Modern Chic

To finish off this profile on the wonderful Maha, is one thing that she finds key: relaxation. Everyone needs to relax, especially when being a student. Maha is an expert in treating herself (but she never takes herself too seriously).

A female student who loves to read and write. Positivity allows for new doors to be opened.